Current Career Opportunities
Eastern Idaho Public Health is hiring at this time. Please check back often for employment opportunities.
Eastern Idaho Public Health District is seeking a full time (40 hours per week) Building Facility Maintenance Foreman to work in our Idaho Falls office.
The Building Facility Maintenance Foreman will provide maintenance and custodial support in the Idaho Falls office as well as maintenance support in other EIPH satellite buildings.
|Position||Building Facility Maintenance Foreman|
|Hours||Full time, 40 hours per week|
|Open for Recruitment||Until filled|
|Staring Salary||$31,200-$36,000 annually|
|To Apply||Send resume, cover letter, and work references to: firstname.lastname@example.org OR; apply here|
|For more info||Email: email@example.com|
- General building maintenance in all counties making up Eastern Idaho Public Health’s region (Bonneville, Clark, Custer, Fremont, Jefferson, Lemhi, Madison, and Teton). Typical duties may include basic electrical, plumbing, carpentry jobs, and caring for grounds.
- Maintain vehicles
- Repair and maintain equipment
- Performs light-and heavy-duty cleaning duties when staff coverage is inadequate
Example of Duties
- Provide general building maintenance and repairs in a timely manner at EIPH offices. Typical duties could include but are not limited to;
- Repairs to electrical switches, receptacles, ballast, heat systems, fans, and lights.
- Maintenance and repair of plumbing fixtures, lavatories, faucets, sinks, water heaters, pipes and drain lines.
- Repair/patch holes in walls.
- Preventive maintenance of heating, ventilating, and air conditioning equipment.
- Perform mechanical and preventive maintenance work on equipment.
- Order supplies needed for maintenance and repairs.
- Coordinate contracted and purchased services at all offices; including plumbing, electrical, grounds, custodial, and other maintenance repairs and upkeep.
- Maintain District vehicles
- Service Idaho Falls vehicles regularly; assist other offices as requested.
- Daily check to make sure district vehicles books are in the Receiving Area.
- Take vehicles for repair as needed.
- Have cars washed on a regular basis (at least once per month)
- Clean inside of district vehicles (at least monthly, more frequently as needed )
Maintain Building Grounds
- Grassy areas watered and kept free of weeds
- Trim trees and shrubs
- Keep flowers bed watered and free of weeds
- Rake leaves as needed
- Keep grounds and parking lots free of garbage and debris.
- Maintain sprinkling systems
- Mow, trim, and edge grass
- Shovel walks, plow parking lot and put down ice melt in the Idaho Falls office as needed
- Examine lights throughout the building, replace and repair as needed
- Clean and organize storerooms and equipment areas
- Assist with receiving incoming deliveries and following the established process.
- Replace air filters every six months
- Check emergency lighting monthly
- Maintain fire extinguishers, maintain and repair fire alarm and other emergency equipment.
- Test and maintain generators.
- Receive deliveries as needed
- Deliver supplies as needed
- Assemble and move furniture as needed
- Assist with setting up and taking down classroom tables and chairs
- Assist custodial staff as needed
- Empty outside trash containers daily
- Empty trash containers in the public areas, classrooms, receiving, storage areas, and entry ways when custodial is unavailable.
- Vacuum waiting areas and hallways when custodial is unavailable
- Open office daily; unlock front entry doors before services start
- Assist with custodial duties when custodial staff is completing larger cleaning projects.
- Other duties as assigned by the Agency Director
- Emergency Response – As an employee of Eastern Idaho Public Health you have an “Emergency Response Role” and may be requested to respond to threats of a public health emergency in accordance with the District’s Public Health Preparedness Plan. This may include requirements to work longer shifts, nights, or weekends, and to perform duties different than your daily routine. You will not be asked, expected, or allowed to perform duties for which you are not trained or qualified.
- Knowledge and experience in carpentry, plumbing, electrical, and general building maintenance; including use of hand and power tools with such work.
- Some knowledge and experience with basic heating and cooling system maintenance and repair is required.
- Knowledge and experience in basic vehicle maintenance and repairs.
- Project management experience. Ability to prioritize workload.
- Requires a valid standard Idaho driver’s license.
Please attach your resume and cover letter to the application
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Vacation Leave
- Sick Leave
- Retirement Plan
Hiring is done without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age or disability. If you have any questions or need assistance completing the application, please contact Human Resources at (208) 533-3162 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eastern Idaho Public Health offers the following internship opportunities:
Non-paid internship; one intern per semester, as needed; work on projects with Health Education Specialists in Tobacco Prevention and Cessation, Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention, and Physical Activity and Nutrition Programs.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Establish and maintain an effective working relationship with the Health Educators, Community Health staff Members, and other interns on your team;
- Attend a mandatory orientation with Public Health Staff to ensure confidentiality and agency policies;
- Assist with various Physical Activity and Nutrition Program trainings, follow-up and assist with the action plans and reports;
- Assess parks and convenience stores related to tobacco free policies;
- Present tobacco information to students and school staff;
- Create worksite wellness monthly messages for the agency;
- Input pre- and post-survey data;
- Assist and attend Youth Adult Partnership meetings and activities;
- Market health education programs throughout the area;
- Track and update participant contact information;
- Participate in community coalition, when available.
- Junior status, minimum
- Completion of Program Planning and Implementation and Community Health Methods or equivalent
- Current on immunizations
- Valid Driver’s License
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Internship Sessions Available
January – April
April – July
July – September
September – December
- Explore career path
- Contact hours toward medical, therapy, and other schools
- Practice compassion
- Develop and refine professional skills
- Network with other professionals in the field
- Gain valuable work experience
- Resume builder
- Professional training opportunities
- Gain confidence
*Employers overwhelmingly point to internship experience as one of the most important factors they consider in hiring new college graduates for full time positions.
Mail application to:
Eastern Idaho Public Health
1250 Hollipark Drive
Idaho Falls, ID 83401
E-mail application to:
Direct questions by Phone to:
- After the application deadline, applicants may be e-mailed to schedule an interview date and time
- Face-to-face, in person, interviews are generally required
- Community Health Staff conduct interview
- Please bring resume, if not included with application
- Internship offers will be extended via e-mail within a week of completion of interview process
- If you are not accepted as an intern, you will be informed via e-mail
The next available Clinical Rotation opening will begin Fall semester 2024.
- Medical Reserve Corp (MRC) Volunteers
The mission of the Medical Reserve Corps (MRC) is to allow local volunteers–medical and health professionals as well as others–to contribute their skills and expertise throughout the year as well as during times of community need. The Eastern Idaho MRC unit is made of volunteers who can assist our community during emergencies, such as an earthquake or influenza epidemic.
- Learn more about the Eastern Idaho Medical Reserve Corps or to register to become an MRC volunteer.
- To sign up for MRC or for more information please email: email@example.com