“Flu Season” in North America occurs in the late fall and winter seasons of the year and carries the influenza (flu) virus with it. Influenza is a contagious respiratory illness that affects the throat, nose and lungs. People who are 65 and above, children, and those who are immunocompromised are at higher risk of moderate to severe flu symptoms.
The most effective way to prepare for flu season is to get an annual flu vaccination. Visit our immunizations page to learn more about the vaccines we offer.
5 Ways to Prepare for Flu Season
- Receive an annual influenza vaccine.
- Remember to consistently wash your hands with soap and water.
- Be aware of those who may be sick around you.
- Keep hands away from your face.
- Stay home if you are sick.
Learn more about flu season here.