The WIC Program and Idaho Department of Health and Welfare actively promote and protect the health and safety of Idaho families through the promotion and support of breastfeeding.
Questions about breastfeeding
If you have questions about breastfeeding or would like more information about breastfeeding, you can call your local WIC office.
We have International Board Certified Lactation Consultants and lactation counselors for individualized breastfeeding care and concerns.
Watch Our WIC Breastfeeding Class
One of the most important decisions you will make is how to feed your baby. Deciding to breastfeed can give your baby the best possible start in life. Breastfeeding benefits you and your baby in many ways.
Do you know what a breastfeeding peer counselor is?
- She’s a mom just like you!
- Helps you understand your baby’s cues
- Available outside regular business hours
- Someone you can reach out to for support
- Can provide support and help via video chat
- Provides support and education beginning in pregnancy
- Has been trained to answer common breastfeeding questions
- Someone who will reach out to you regularly after the baby is born
- Can help work through breastfeeding barriers
- Is available to help you for FREE through the WIC program
USDA is an equal opportunity provider. USDA es un proveedor que ofrece igualdad de oportunidades.